FIELDS OF EXPERTISE - STRUCTURE AND SERVICES
· The firm offers a wide level of services and through our expertise in the corporate and property sectors, WdT Attorneys has developed service delivery systems intended to deliver fast and reliable service to our clients. To this end, the firm has structured itself as follows:
PROPERTY LAW SERVICES
- Property Law and Conveyancing
- Property Development Division
- Town Planning
- Securitization of Assets and Bond Registration
- Notarial Work
COMMERCIAL & CORPORATE LAW SERVICES
- Company and Close Corporation Division
- Advising on Tax and Specialised Financial
- Drafting of various types of agreements
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICES
- Negotiations aimed at Reconciliation and Settlements
- Labour Law matters and Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial and Delictual Litigation
- Forensic Investigations
- Legal Recoveries
Our Property Law and Conveyancing Division is headed by three Directors, Wiekus Du Toit, Lianda Wells and Leon Doyer and assisted by two Professional Assistants and one Candidate Attorney. This division boasts five Conveyancers and four Notaries, who are all fully skilled in the drafting of all conveyancing and notarial deeds and attend to the full spectrum of conveyancing matters.
Our Commercial Department is headed by Directors Wiekus Du Toit and Leon Doyer, who specialise in various fields. Our Litigation Department is headed by Directors Leon Doyer, Francois du Toit, Doug Holing and Msizi Dlamini who are assisted by three Professional Assistants and four Candidate Attorneys. Our Family Law Department is headed by Director Doug Holing.
Our client base embraces:
THE PUBLIC SECTOR
The Public Sector, which includes inter alia:
- Government Departments, such as Rural Development and
- The South African Police Services;
- Provincial Departments;
- Local Governments; and
- State Owned Entities
THE PRIVATE SECTOR
The Private Sector, which includes:
- Commercial Banks;
- Property Investors and Property Developers; and
- A diversity of clients from all spheres of trades representing agriculture, commercial activities, industrial activities and construction.
ACHIEVING TRANSFORMATION OBJECTIVES
In compliance with the Black Economic Charter and Legislation our firm has ventured into the following Joint Ventures and Associations:
- BONGANI LEONARD MATSANE – who was admitted as a practicing attorney in 1999. He is Chairman and Managing Director of Matsane Attorneys Incorporated which was established in 2010. In the Joint Association between ourselves and BONGANI MATSANE, we have been appointed to the conveyancing panel of MEGA (Mpumalanga Economic Growth Agency). This appointment relates mainly to the rendering of conveyancing services to the Lower Housing Sector whereby work is done at a lower scale of fees with the sole purpose and intent of accommodating and reaching out to previously disadvantaged communities.
- The firm has a level 2 BEE- Accreditation and strives to educate and uplift as part of our practice.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND DISASTER RECOVERY
Our firm understands the need to keep abreast of changes in the way in which service delivery takes place. In order to ensure efficient and speedy service delivery we have appointed a specialist computer-technology company who assists our firm with all computer and software related matters. With the computer technology available today, our firm has been able to make use of unique software programs and back-up systems designed to deal with the high volumes of work and data handled at our offices. Our staff are also familiar with bond registration systems and the reporting requirements of financial institutions. We are proud to have a consistently efficient bond registration system which ensures our presence as the attorneys of preference for most financial institutions.
In addition to our own impressive computer-network, clients can access our website at www.wdtattorneys.co.za for the latest information and contact details of our firm. Our staff are also provided electronic access to JUTA Law, Lexis Nexis and other internet resources to enable them to do the necessary research. Our firm also has a library stocked with the newest journal articles, text books and case law. Our administrative staff members have the necessary access and skills to operate the webpages of departments such as CIPC and the Master’s Office in order to lodge and track transactions.
PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS COST CALCULATOR
We offer an easy-to-use basic transfer and bond cost calculator online